Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July FUN!


This weekend was a BLAST! I started off the weekend with my first small cookout at my place. The burgers turned out perfect. Just a hint to everyone that gets super small burgers...USE A GOOD GRADE OF LEAN GROUND BEEF! It was a fun night, although healthy IT WAS NOT!

Saturday turned out to be a fun time for sure. Serena WON at Wimbledon making it the 9th time in 11 years that a Williams sister has won on the grass court! Go Williams Sisters! I attended a friends cookout with delicious food and great company. After that we went to join over 30000 people at Saturday in the Park (for all of you none Sioux City residents, this is the time of year when the city throws free concerts all day long in the park) to see Santana. This man can really play. But I wonder how much longer I could have listened to mostly music with a minimum of actual singing. He brought up the Marijuana legalization idea. What do you guys think?

On Sunday I spent time with the Gitlins and other C-ville people. We had a chance to cookout, potluck, laugh and play, and WATCH FIREWORKS AGAIN! Oh and BTW Rafa Nadal won at Wimbledon! GO RAFA!

For the extended weekend I was able to go to Omaha for a day with some friends. It was a fun time this weekend. Now its back to the small plate. I need to start losing and stop eating so darn much! Peace and love good friends!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I got tired just reading all that activity! But I remember when I wasn't too old to have that much fun .... I'm so glad you're weekend was packed. And seeing Santana is always a hit. I remember seeing Carlos Santana in San Antonio, before they were 'Santana'. They were just starting out - don't even remember the name of their band anymore. We will make it over to your place one of these days...hopefully. I just don't go out much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun for sure! I didnt even know Santana was that dang old. I always thought he was like new during the 90s. LOL!

    So what do you think about the Mary Juana legalization?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My lawyer will be contacting you about using my photo without proper citation... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA! I just saw this comment! Pretty clever

    ReplyDelete