Monday, July 12, 2010

Looking at other people's picnic table!


I have been thinking over a few things this past week. Why is it that some people are born to rich families while some are born to poor ones? Why are some people born with great looks (like myself) while others look pretty sad? Why are some people born to drug families and some born to loving christian families? Etc... The list goes on and on.
It would be easy to say that this is unfair. It seems that some people are always in a struggle and the magic wand somehow missed them. Well the answer, as most would say, is God. However; it is understandable that, with all we have learned through the Bible, people wonder why were we born into families that were so unbalanced and unfair.
We are always looking over to other people's picnic table...I know you have done it. You want to see if their food is as good as yours. Well its time to stop worrying about what other people have on their tables. The thing about life is that we all have a chance to change or alter our circumstances. It may be harder than the road others took, but trust they also had rough parts in their journey. We have to worry about what we bring to the table and how we plan to change our life.
Lastly, I will give a quick update on my life. I started making a weekly meal planner this week. I talk to my friend Athena on a consistent basis in an effort for us to hold each other accountable and be a team in changing our lives. I worked out for an hour on Saturday! WOW! That was something I have never tried before, but it was during the race and I figured why not! Well anyway peace and love friends!
Reese!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I too have reached the end of my rope with my food addiction! Everytime I look in the mirror, I hate what I see... so I am going to commit to different pattern of eating in an effort to lose weight. Here's praying great results for both of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippie! Go Connie! I love what I look at in the mirror. I hate the doctors! LOL!

    ReplyDelete